Here is what I’m currently doing (last update: March 2021)
- Working for INNOQ as a senior consultant
Best job so far. Plenty of interesting, classic consulting gigs, e.g, code optimization, software modernization, workshops on software architecture in general, and so forth.
- Working on and conducting first proof of concepts for a Software Analytics course and maybe a book
After giving plenty of talks and workshops as well as writing about this topic, I finally have plenty of material that “just” needs to be compiled into a course and/or book.
- Speaking about stuff I find important (software quality, software modernization, Software Analytics, Wardley Maps & much more)
I see many problems in IT existing because of a lack of awareness for software quality. I think it’s important to help people to better communicate what degree of “quality” a software system should achieve (and almost more important: what not!)
- Conducting workshops for Software Analytics, software architecture and software evolution
Got some nice online formats for several topics around software architecture. I invested some time to migrate them into the online world. Seems to be working according to the very good feedback.
- Creating the German, AI-generated audiobook version of Simon Wardley’s Wardley Maps book
If there is a free contingent on the used text-to-speech service again, I’m updating the German audiobook version. The English one seems to be quite OK for now.
- (Co-)Hosting meetups like Software Architecture Meetup Nürnberg, CyberJUG or CyberLand
In the offline world, it really was fun to have some special meetups going on. In times of COVID, I only organize online meetups or conferences if there is enough time for it and/or if they are really special. Currently, there are other things more important than also sitting in the evenings before a screen.
- In my free time…
Yes, there is actually some free time! I’m gardening (with focus on tomatoes). I also started forest works with my battery-powered Makita chainsaw. This led to other hobbies like woodturning and carving.
Latest activities on Twitter: @feststelltaste